Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tater Turns Twelve!

Ugh! Where does the time go? My little Tater Tot turned twelve on Saturday! We didn't get to spend time with her on her birthday so we are celebrating tonight. There is a special ordered dinner planned, at the request of our beautiful girl, of gnocchi in whitesauce with chicken and caesar salad. It should be delicious! Last night I stayed up making "Funfetti" cupcakes with a homemade white vanilla buttercream. The cupcakes were made from the box but the frosting was a fun and easy adventure, now that I have my handy dandy KitchenAid mixer. I am truly in love with that sexy piece of machinery. I love her so much that I named her Stella Bella Kitty. I adorned the cupckes with some colored hard candy in multiple colors. The bottom layer of cupcakes all had a corresponding color to the larger candy in the middle. The overall effect made them look like flowers. The next two layers of cupcakes were made with multiple colored candies. In addition, the number "12" tops it off for the perfect birthday candles!







In addition to making Tater's cupcakes, my boss turns 70 tomorrow! I made him dark chocolate cupcakes, filled with a rich chocolate mousse, and topped with orange chocolate frosting, infused with dark chilli chocolate chunks... I can't wait to try them...Death by Chocolate anyone?

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday, Tate!! And death by chocolate?? YES, PLEASE :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to find out how to make my icing look like that! they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete