Thursday, April 7, 2011

Candy toppers...and bowling?

My Grandma Gracie has a yearly bowling tournament to raise money for Relay for Life. I love it! Unfortunately, this event happens the day after tax season so I am usually not feeling very perky. Last year, my man and I bought some raffle tickets to win some prizes which are donated by participants of the tournament. We misunderstood the ticket sales person... We THOUGHT she said tickets were 3 for $5... We gave her $50. She looked at us like we were crazy, then proceeded to count out tickets. She asked us after counting out tons of tickets if we were sure we wanted that many. I did some quick math and figured we would have about 30 tickets.

She said (in a patient tone) "No Dear, tickets are 5 for $1." Oh geez! We asked her to give us $30 back and ended up with 1/3 of the prizes for our $20 in tickets. At the end of the tournament, everyone was booing me everytime I walked up to collect yet another prize. When I left, someone had filled my purse with all their losing tickets. Sore losers! What is wrong with paying alittle extra money for the cause???

This year, I, too, am donating prizes to the raffle. Grandma asked me to make pink and purple cupcakes. Well, you know I love cupcakes, regardless of the poor timing... So I started to plan my cupcakes out (pictures to follow baking). Recently, I have decided that I want to start putting my own flair on top of the cupcakes I make. I have yet to take the fondant/gunpaste class at Dawn's Cake and Candy so I thought I would try my hand at molding. Here are some of my first works in molding that will be topping some of the cupcakes for Grandma's tournament...

1 comment: