Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bye Ana! We will miss you!

It is tax season around these parts and my friend Ana was kind enough to step in when the tax season receptionist QUIT in early February. I guess everything happens for a reason because Ana was a God Send! She did tell us that she was applying at different places and that if she got a call back from one of these places, she would have to go. Alas! She got the phone call she wanted and put in her two weeks! At least that would only leave us with the last two weeks of tax season to worry about finding a replacement. On Ana's last day at work, I wanted to make her something special. Then it hit me...everyone likes carrot cake, right?

OK, ok...I was short on time so I used the boxed carrot cake from Betty Crocker BUT I shredded some organic carrots and a Fuji apple and added it to the batter. ALSO a nice little twist came when I replaced a quarter of the water in the recipe with REAL maple syrup! YUM... I also tried my hand at molding chocolate. I made these great little toppers for the cupcakes to see if I could add some flare. I think they turned out ok for my first try.

Carrot Apple Cupcakes infused with Maple and Topped with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting. Who thinks of these things? Me! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment