Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Gum Paste Roses

I have a wedding coming up on the 17th of September. No, I am not getting married. I am actually doing my first "gig" in the cupcake business! I am nervous, of course, but the bride is as sweet as sugar and has given me alot of creative freedom. She has chose very simple yet classic cakes, chocolate, vanilla and red velvet. I am making mini-cupcakes (approximately 300) and one giant cupcake for the grooms cake. The wedding colors are red, silver, white and black. My partner in crime is helping me build a cupcake stand this weekend to hold all those cupcakes! I will keep you posted as the next few weeks go by on progress of cupcakes, decorations and the stand.

In the meantime, I have started making gum paste roses to add as decor to my cupcake display. Unlike my last gum paste flowers, I have started this project off with some documentation. Gum paste roses are somewhat easier than the lilies but I haven't even begun the dusting yet so we will see how it goes. Here are the first couple I made:

No comments:

Post a Comment