Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sticking to it....

I am still following my farmer's almanac for my gardening. This last weekend allowed me to get my seeds into the dirt (finally). Ok, maybe I am being dramatic but it's only because by this time last year I had starts already. If I have time and patience, everything will turn out better....right?

Dirt...check. Started fertilizer....check....Seeds....check. Starter plant boxes....check. I planted carrots (Heirloom Rainbow Mix), 5 different kinds of tomatoes, 2 different cucumbers, swiss chard, lettuce, spinach, microgreens, peas, beans, strawberries, and I SHOULD have planted my peppers but I forgot :( Now I have to wait until my planting schedule says "It's a good day to plant peppers"...Patience.

So, I figured I would post a picture of "My Area of Operation" so you can see what I am working with :)

To the right is my raised garden beds. These will host carrots, lettuce, spinach, and peas...first. Once that crop starts coming up, I might add some radishes and turnips.  To the left is my flowers, which I planted on Sunday as well. They are an experiment. I am alittle worried they might seed up and spread to my veggie garden. If this happens, they might be sacrificed. We'll see. Also on the left is my super awesome cold-frame, currently hosting my tomato, cucumbers and pea starts.  All of the pots to the right, farther down the path are full of a variety of items, including lavender, onions, chives, and some potted bulb flowers. May are empty and awaiting some plant love.

Anyway, My area is small but it's all mine and it brings me peace in times of stress. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment